Viewing & Saving - Phantom PDFClerk file
Posted: 28 July 2009 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-07-28

I’m a new PDFClerk user—downloaded and bought license yesterday—and have a problem—I’ve created a 48 page document by importing and combining existing PDF files into one larger file.  I saved a test version PDF early on to see that everything worked as I wanted.  It did.

I changed it substantially since that earlier save/export and now I cannot view the file contents.  When I open the file created in the PDFClerk document format, I see the 48 pages down the side bar menu.  But, I cannot see any of the pages.  I’ve tried as many things as I can think of—switching views, the lightbox, selecting one page, etc.  I’ve looked through the preference settings and the manuals and FAQ and can’t find any solutions.

I’ve also tried exporting this phantom file to PDF—when I do this, I get a blank PDF file.  Nothing there.

But, when I look at the file information for the PDFClerk version, it shows a file of some size—larger than the version saved for the first test PDF.

Is the document there?  How can I see it?  Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted: 28 July 2009 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2007-03-23

Can you send me the file so that I can have a look at what may be causing this? (Please compress/zip it before sending)

Signature 

António Nunes
SintraWorks

Posted: 01 August 2009 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-23

Haven’t heard back from you. It’s hard to know what you may have done to “lose” the pages.

One thing I can think of is that you made some changes to an imposition that cause this to happen, so make sure you are not imposing the document (by pressing command-option-0 (zero)). Does that turn up the pages?

Another possibility is that you changed the media box, or one of the other display boxes, to zero size, and are showing the document by that zero sized box. Ensure that you are showing the document by its media box (control-option-command-M). If that doesn’t show the pages, check their size in the Display Boxes Inspector (4th tab from the left of the Inspector Panel).

Signature 

António Nunes
SintraWorks

Posted: 30 January 2011 06:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-01-28

Tonio:
I had a very similar problem to the one that “katek” describes: I was working on a file using PDFClerk, a very basic pasting job (grayscale and color JPEGs on black and white PDFs). After exporting to PDF, nothing of the original file remained, only the JPEGs that I had pasted on!
I read your answer to “katek” and tried checking if I had added impositions or accidentally modified the output size and so on. I did nothing of the sort. What happened?
I can send you the file as an e-mail attachment (as the forum postings only allows <300 kb), perhaps you can do a post-mortem and find out if there is any bug or if I just “accidentally” pushed the wrong key(s).
Thank you—I enjoy using PDFClerk.
Miguel

katek - 28 July 2009 05:53 PM

I’ve also tried exporting this phantom file to PDF—when I do this, I get a blank PDF file.  Nothing there.

Signature 

M. Cervantes-Cervantes
New York, New York

Posted: 30 January 2011 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-23

Yes, Miguel, do please send me the file by email. (Ideally you zip it before attaching to the email message.)

Signature 

António Nunes
SintraWorks

Posted: 30 January 2011 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-01-28

Thank you for your super-quick reply!
I’m sending a ZIP file via e-mail
Miguel

Signature 

M. Cervantes-Cervantes