First, you need to get the labels in order:
- Select all the pages in the page list. (Click any page in the list, then hit Command-A.)
- Control-click (or right-click) the list to bring up the contextual menu.
- Click “Relabel Selected Pages”
- The default values in the ensuing dialog are probably just what is appropriate for you, so click the OK button.
The labels should now be sequentially numbered, starting with 1.
Now you need to make the labels appear on the page:
- Bring up the Document Settings Editor. (control-option-command-D)
- Select the Labels tab.
- Adjust the settings as appropriate and click the OK button.
You should now have the page labels appearing on the pages.