SintraWorks is delighted to convey the availability of Metron 1.3 at the iTunes App Store.
Metron for iPhone™ OS was developed to aid in the practice of runs, excerpts and complete compositions. In addition to the usual single and multiple beat ticks of digital metronomes, it offers a high precision engine and a bar based sequencer that offers detailed control over tempo settings and time signatures. Metron also incorporates a pitch pipe with great range, that can be tuned at Hertz or cent level.
New in version 1.3:
• Multi-bar sequences can be navigated (forward, rewind and rewind to start)
• An ample collection of percussive beat sounds has been added. (Snare, high-hats, bongo’s, etc.)
• Silence as a pulse sound option was also added
• Beat sounds are played back when selecting them in the preference settings
• It is now possible to specify a note duration upon which to base a bar’s tempo (Example: you can set a dotted quarter as the base for the tempo of a 6/8 bar)
• Sequences, bars and time signatures can now be created without needing to enter edit mode
• Sequences can now be backed up and shared with other Metron users, through a web-browser interface
• Some cosmetic changes to the front panel, to account for the new functionality
• Various bug fixes