Delete page removes this page and the next one
Posted: 18 August 2010 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2009-01-20

Hello, there.

I couldn’t find a reference to this problem with a quick forum search. I’m sorry if this is a known problem.

Sometimes, and I can’t tell when, when I delete a page from the “outline view”, PDFClerk Pro removes it and the next page from the “outline view”, although it only deletes the page I wanted to delete. I have to restart PDFClerk Pro to see the correct list of pages in the “outline view”.

I’m thrilled that PDFClerk Pro doesn’t lose data, but I find it breaks my flow considerably to have to restart PDFClerk Pro so frequently.

Please help! I’m happy to do what you need to give you more information about the problem.

Posted: 18 August 2010 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-20

Aha! It’s even better.

I just tried to delete the first 12 pages in a PDFClerk Pro document (screenshot 1 shows 43 pages).

I selected the 12 pages, hit Command+Delete, then saw the following happen:

1. PDFClerk Pro’s “outline view” (what do you really call it?) reports only pages 13-31 and not 13-43. (It appears to have deleted 12 pages from the end, too.)
2. The “main view” where I see the individual PDF pages shows the image for the old pages 1-19 instead of what used to be pages 13-31. (See screenshot 2. The image in the main window is of the old page 1, and not the old page 13/new page 1.)
3. When I save the .pdfp file to another name, quit PDFClerk Pro, and reload it, everything is as I expect it.

I hope this clarifies the problem and gives you some information to fix it. It scares the hell of out me, consider that I’m using PDFClerk Pro on tax receipts for my business!

Thanks.

PS: This forum makes it too hard to upload the screenshots. Go to http://images.jbrains.ca/pdfclerkpro/delete-problem.zip

[ Edited: 18 August 2010 07:48 PM by J. B. Rainsberger ]

Posted: 18 August 2010 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-20

I appear to be able to work around the problem by deleting pages from the end of the document.

Posted: 21 August 2010 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2007-03-23

I think you mean deleting pages from the page list, rather than from the outline view. no? The page list is on the left, and outlines (a.k.a bookmarks) are shown on the right, if present.

As for the problem, I have not yet been able to reproduce it. If you happen to have found a (more or less) reliable way to reproduce the issue, could you email me a description of the steps to take, and possibly a source PDF that triggers this issue?

P.S.
I ask for this, since following the steps you reported above doesn’t reproduce the issue on my end.

[ Edited: 21 August 2010 06:32 PM by Tonio ]
 Signature 

António Nunes
SintraWorks

Posted: 21 August 2010 07:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-20
Tonio - 21 August 2010 06:28 PM

I think you mean deleting pages from the page list, rather than from the outline view. no? The page list is on the left, and outlines (a.k.a bookmarks) are shown on the right, if present.

As for the problem, I have not yet been able to reproduce it. If you happen to have found a (more or less) reliable way to reproduce the issue, could you email me a description of the steps to take, and possibly a source PDF that triggers this issue?

P.S.
I ask for this, since following the steps you reported above doesn’t reproduce the issue on my end.

I do mean the list. I guess I’ve used Eclipse too much recently: I couldn’t think of a better way to describe it.

I will attach a file when I can reliably reproduce the problem. Thank you.

Posted: 10 May 2012 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-04-20

Hi,

I reply to this thread, as I got exactly the same problem. Sometimes (but I am unable to say when) while I try to delete one or more pages using the selection on the page list on the left, more page than the ones selected are removed. It seems, but I am not sure, that it happens after I have worked for a while on the file, adding, moving, deleting pages.
Unfortunately, the files I am working on are confidential, and I cannot post them nor send them.
It seems that if I close the file and reopen it the problem disappears.

Thanks,
René

Posted: 11 May 2012 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2007-03-23

Thanks to help from René, we finally managed to reproduce the issue and fix it in time for the next update to PDFClerk Pro. Until the fix is out, you can work around the issue by performing an undo and then redo immediately after deleting the pages. This will cause all pages to show up again.

Signature 

António Nunes
SintraWorks