View annotation index?
Posted: 13 February 2011 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-02-10

Hello,

Is there a way to view all of the annotations that are currently in a pdf file?  I just want to see a list of all the annotations I have made in a document, so that I can click on them and go to each annotation.  I can’t seem to figure out how to do this….  Thanks

-Chase

Posted: 14 February 2011 06:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2007-03-23

Hi,

There is no list of annotations. You have to go through each page.

Signature 

António Nunes
SintraWorks

Posted: 20 February 2011 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-02-10

Ok.  I am trying to figure out a way to easily make bookmarks in a pdf document and be able to label each bookmark so I can easily go to these areas.  I thought about using the regular outline abilities, but I already have an outline for the document (it is just like a table of contents….). 

Since I can’t use annotations to mark these areas and then see a list of them somewhere, is there another way that you suggest that I do this?  And if not, could this be a possible feature that could be added in future releases of pdfClerk?  Thanks!

-Chase

Posted: 20 February 2011 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2007-03-23

Outlines (bookmarks) is really the only provision for this. Sounds like you really want different outlines for different purposes, but the PDF format does not support this. The first request you made on this thread would be more feasible: a list of all the annotations in the document. It’s something for me to consider.

Signature 

António Nunes
SintraWorks