I think that PDF Nomad has great potential and there’s lots about it I like. Please regard the following as constructive feedback.
- Tile Pages: I’ve tried to use it twice and on both occasions PDF Nomad hangs so that eventually I have to resort to force quitting it.
- Merge Pages: when I try to merge two pages, vertically or horizontally, all I get is a large blank page with no visible content.
- Export text fails to export most of the text in a .pdf’d PowerPoint presentation. Perhaps this is a demo limitation?
Questions and suggestions:
- When I click a tool, it seems to remain active until you select another one. I’d prefer a convention by which a single click on a tool selects it for one ‘action’, a double click selects it for multiple actions until deselected.
- When I create a comment, the dialogue box opens with the user field highlighted. In practice, I’ll almost never need to change this. It would make much more sense for the comment field to be highlighted so I can immediately start typing in my comment.
- Why is the first comment I create numbered ‘0’ rather than ‘1’?
- I find it difficult to work out how to move and resize objects (text boxes, etc) around the page. It would be really useful to have a pointer button to simplify this.
- When I want to create a hyperlink, I’d expect the destination dialogue box to appear automatically after I use the link tool to highlight the area I want to link.
- When I create, say, a radio button, the associated dialogue box doesn’t open automatically. If I double click it, PDF Nomad creates a second radio button on top of the one I’ve just created and want to edit.
- It would be really helpful to have a colour picker so that when trying to correct a typo against a colour background, you could quickly find the colour fill you need for the text box.