Update Improperly Signed
Posted: 16 February 2012 02:29 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-02-15

When I check for updates in PDFCpro, I get an error message that “the update is improperly signed”. So, what do I need to do to fix this error, and what could be the reason for this?

Posted: 16 February 2012 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2007-03-23

It’s all explained in the message in the update window. You cannot use the automatic updater, since it is not a true update. PDF Nomad is a different application that requires Mac OS X 10.7 and doesn’t have the very same feature set as PDFClerk Pro, although there is great overlap. There is a comparison chart on our website.
http://sintraworks.com/index.php/sintraworks/pdfc_pdfn_comp/

You can download PDF Nomad directly from our website and when you run it, it will offer to handle the cross-grade for you, if you are entitled to a free or discounted cross-grade.
http://sintraworks.com/media/PDF_Nomad_1_2.zip

Signature 

António Nunes
SintraWorks

Posted: 16 February 2012 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-15

I downloaded Nomad, it tells me the licence has been successfully received but writing it to disk failed!

Posted: 16 February 2012 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-15

whoops! it is okay now…thank you it works.

Posted: 26 February 2012 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-19

Something I don’t understand:

Yesterday I got a message saying “… PDFClerk Pro 3/12 (3.12.0) is now available–you have 3.12 (3.12). Would you like to download it now?” I clicked “Install Update”, and got the “update improperly signed” message. So I went to this forum, read some posts and then went to the PDFClerk Pro page to download the latest version. But that happens to be the version I already have! So when I “Check for Updates…” (PDFClerk Pro menu) I get that same “A new version …” message that got me going in the first place.

What’s going on here? Why does PDFClerk tell me there is a newer version than I have installed, while there isn’t?

Bart

Posted: 26 February 2012 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-23

It’s all explained in the message in the update announcement window. The announcement is not really for a regular update to PDFClerk Pro, but for a new application called PDF Nomad. You cannot use the automatic updater, since it is not a true update. PDF Nomad is a different app that requires Mac OS X 10.7 and doesn’t have the very same feature set as PDFClerk Pro, although there is great overlap. There is a comparison chart on our website.
http://sintraworks.com/index.php/sintraworks/pdfc_pdfn_comp/

You can download PDF Nomad directly from our website and when you run it, it will offer to handle the cross-grade for you, if you are entitled to a free or discounted cross-grade.
http://sintraworks.com/media/PDF_Nomad_1_2.zip

Signature 

António Nunes
SintraWorks

Posted: 24 March 2012 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2009-12-17

still confused about this so called new version of PDFClerk Pro. PDFClerk Pro is the application that annotates me of a new version and that there is an update available.
What should this update have to do with another application then?
In my opinion there is nothing explained in the message window except that the package may belong to a different program. Seems that something is mixed up.

Or the other way around - there is no update available for PDFClerk Pro.

Ueli

Posted: 24 March 2012 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-23

There is no update available for PDFClerk Pro.
An option to cross-grade to PDF Nomad is announced through the PDFClerk Pro updater.

All being well, a true (minor) update to PDFClerk pro should be released next week, through the updater, so this should become a non-issue for you.

Signature 

António Nunes
SintraWorks