Exchange sequences with friends
Posted: 09 August 2012 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-08-08

I am interested in the sharing feature, but I have not succeeded in uploading any files from my iPad.  I was able to pull up the given ip address in Safari, but that was as far as I got.  I am sure it is user error.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  Also, when I do succeed in my upload, how do my friends with Metron access and download it?

Thanks for the help.

-Richard

Posted: 09 August 2012 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2007-03-23

What did you see when you pulled up the ip address in Safari? The file exchange window that you should see should show a list of the names of your sequences under the “Export Sequences” heading. Click a sequence name to download it to disk (this saves a file with sequence name as its title and and extension of .mtseq); then find the sequence file on your hard disk (the downloads popup will get you there quickly) and send it to your friends.

To import a sequence your friends must bring up the sequence exchange window; click the Choose File button and select the sequence file in the open dialog. Once that is done Metron will import the file and it should appear in the list of sequences on their device.

Signature 

António Nunes
SintraWorks

Posted: 05 December 2012 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-12-05

Hi, first of all I would like to congratulate you on a brilliant app. I use this app in a pipe band and it is absolutely perfect for customising selections with varying tempos. I plug the iPhone into an amplifier so the whole band can hear the different tempos during the selection. However I tried using the “Exchange with other devices” function under the sharing tab. When I enter the Address (http://192.168.1.6:8080) into either Safari (on my iphone) or Internet Explorer (on my PC), neither open up anything. Can you advise? Thanks

Posted: 05 December 2012 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-23

When I have Metron running on my iPhone with sharing turned on, I cannot view the page in Safari on my iPad. Not sure why, I’d have to look into that. But it should show just fine on any most browser on your computer. You must make sure though, that Metron is running and active, and that the Wi-Fi server is on when you try to connect to it from the browser. Metron must be the active app, if you relegate it to the background then you won’t be able to connect to it.

Signature 

António Nunes
SintraWorks

Posted: 05 December 2012 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-12-05

I entered the address into Internet Explorer on my PC here at work (Internet Explorer 8 Version 8.0.7601.17514) but a web marshall message appears after 30 seconds saying that the host is unreachable. I will try the same on my lap top at home and let you know how I get on.

Posted: 05 December 2012 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-23

You can also email yourself (or anybody else) a sequence, thus bypassing the Wi-Fi server:
In the Sequences chooser, tap and hold the name of a sequence until a popup menu appears. Tap the share option and choose Export via Email. (Or choose export via File Sharing, which will make the sequence available in iTunes on your computer when you connect the device.)

Signature 

António Nunes
SintraWorks

‹‹ Sequencing question.      Metron 3.0 beta ››