Questions about cropping, etc.
Posted: 19 December 2013 05:22 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2013-09-22

Hello…

1. After defining the crop boundaries on one page, how do we apply those settings to every page?

2. The manual says we can resize pages by “entering values in a popover dialog,” but no matter what I do, I’m not able to pop-edit the values in the dialog so that I can enter the desired values.

3. The built-in manual is wider than Apple’s help-document window. As a result, we have to scroll sideways — back and forth — just to read paragraphs. It would be nice if the content could be re-wrapped in a narrower size for more normal reading.

4. It’s difficult to find what we need in the manual. How about a PDF version of it?  grin

Posted: 20 December 2013 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2007-03-23

Re 1: As it says in the popup: hold down option and shift to show the Crop All button.
Re 2: You mean you can’t bring up the dialog? I had a look and it appears that currently the cursor doesn’t change to the pointing hand cursor over every part of the tools icon, but if you hover to its bottom-left, it should do. Click when the cursor is a pointing hand to bring up the dialog.
Re 3: Widen the help-document window. It should remember its width between sessions.
Re 4: You can download it here: PDF Nomad user guide for version .2.3

Signature 

António Nunes
SintraWorks

Posted: 20 December 2013 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2013-09-22
Tonio - 20 December 2013 09:07 AM

Re 1: As it says in the popup: hold down option and shift to show the Crop All button.
Re 2: You mean you can’t bring up the dialog? I had a look and it appears that currently the cursor doesn’t change to the pointing hand cursor over every part of the tools icon, but if you hover to its bottom-left, it should do. Click when the cursor is a pointing hand to bring up the dialog.
Re 3: Widen the help-document window. It should remember its width between sessions.
Re 4: You can download it here: PDF Nomad user guide for version .2.3

Thanks for the reply.

1. As it says in what pop-up? I don’t see a pop-up that mentions anything about cropping all pages.

2. Where is the “tools icon” of which you speak?

3. Thanks. Yesterday, for some reason, I was unable to resize the window. It seemed to be at its maximum width—which is why I asked the question. But today I can. So, great!

4. Thanks!

Posted: 20 December 2013 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2007-03-23

You need to be in crop & shift mode (command-3) to see the bezel at the center of the page. At the top-right of the bezel is the gear tool. Click on that to get to the inspector dialog. [I just noticed that if the view is scaled, the hit point moves so that it is no longer over the gear icon, but lower left. I’ll need to fix that. (Need to check, but this may be an issue only in 10.9)]

The dialog will be relevant to the display box currently being displayed. So make sure you are showing pages by their crop box. (Select the correct option from the Display Box popup in the toolbar.)

Signature 

António Nunes
SintraWorks