Create Advanced Imposition
Posted: 22 January 2014 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2007-11-15

PDFN 2.3 (German localization) has a command Werkzeuge (Tools) > Create Advanced Imposition… . There is no description of that menu item in the german manual, and clicking it shows an essentially blank grey sheet with an empty white embedded pane and two buttons: Export… and Done, where only the latter is functional and just dismisses the sheet.

What should this do? Has that slipped in accidentally or does it hint at flexible imposition definition like in PDFClerk now also coming to PDF Nomad? grin

Thanks,
Christian

Posted: 22 January 2014 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2007-03-23

You are right: that menu item slipped into version 2.3 by mistake (I only noticed this myself a couple of days ago), and it is indeed a result of plans to add impositioning similar to PDFClerk Pro’s in a future update. I’m not sure exactly when that will be. Likely not yet in the next update, but hopefully shortly thereafter.

Signature 

António Nunes
SintraWorks

Posted: 22 January 2014 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-15

That would be GREAT and HIGHLY APPRECIATED. I hope those impositions could be saved (globally to Nomad) and then easily re-used on different PDF source documents.

When you design and implement that function over the next months(?), may I direct your attention to this thread/feature: Cut and Stack? I still have to do this several times a year and I continue to struggle with manually sorting those varying numbers of serially numbered cards after each print and cut (>250 items each time). Any function to vertically (along the sheet axis) distribute pages to sheets would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Christian

Posted: 22 January 2014 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2007-03-23

Cut and Stack is something I definitely want to do, but I’m not sure that it will make it into the first iteration that has the enhanced imposition feature.

Signature 

António Nunes
SintraWorks

Posted: 22 January 2014 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-15

Thanks for the info, António!

- Christian