How to move/edit text box
Posted: 27 January 2014 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2014-01-22

How do you edit a static text box once it’s been saved? I’m not able to select it.

Posted: 27 January 2014 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2007-03-23

You don’t. That’s why it’s called static. To write text that remains editable after saving you need a dynamic text box (i.e. a proper PDF annotation).

Signature 

António Nunes
SintraWorks

Posted: 27 January 2014 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2014-01-22

Thanks for your reply. Right away, I’d say it doesn’t make much sense to be able to add something that I’m unable to edit or remove again. Unless I have Acrobat.

Posted: 27 January 2014 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2007-03-23

It depends on what you’re trying to do. If you want to add text to a page that users of your document can’t edit, then it makes perfect sense. The whole PDF idea is to create documents that are static, with some provisions for editable items. My experience with editors that edit text has been rather less than stellar, but I suppose editing PDF your own documents that way, where you are guaranteed to have the fonts used, may be smoother. By the way, I’d love for PDF Nomad to be able to edit static page text, but that is not in the cards right now, so I can’t say when this feature will arrive, if at all.

Signature 

António Nunes
SintraWorks

Posted: 27 January 2014 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2014-01-22

Well, I must say I find this disappointing. I don’t see why anyone would use this feature if it can’t be undone. Perhaps there ought to be a warning that adding static text boxes (at least inside PDF Nomad) is destructible editing.

PS. If the users you mention are using Acrobat, they most likely can edit the document.